Every web site is constructed for a unique goal, which might be to promote a enterprise’ merchandise on-line, or just as a brochure to indicate potential clients what a enterprise does, after which to draw them to contacting the enterprise for extra data.
This text goals to explain the variations between a static web site and a content material managed web site utilizing a content material administration system by describing the advantages and drawbacks to SME’s (small and medium sized enterprises.)
We hope that this text helps each enterprise customers, and different web site design corporations to know extra the distinction between these two sorts of web site.
A STATIC WEBSITE
A static web site is a web site that’s designed, created after which hosted by a web site designer and is often programmed utilizing a static language like HTML or XHTML. As soon as the web site is on-line, any adjustments that are wanted require a web site designer, or somebody that is aware of learn how to edit, create or delete internet pages.
Usually, static web sites are a lot easier to create a content material managed web site, because of the truth that no database must be created.
ADVANTAGES OF A STATIC WEBSITE
There are an a variety of benefits of static web sites over a dynamic, content material managed web site for SME’s, depending on their enterprise:
- Much less value concerned
- Less complicated to create and host
- Fast to obtain on decrease bandwidths
DISADVANTAGES OF A STATIC WEBSITE
- May value you extra in the long term relying on the frequency of the updates
- Lengthy change course of as it’s a must to anticipate a web site designer to have the time to make your adjustments
- Not as a lot performance, so that you web site might be missing towards your rivals
A CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR A WEBSITE
If a enterprise decides that they wish to promote their merchandise on-line, replace their web site content material when they should and seize buyer particulars, then a content material administration system is greater than prone to be one of the best answer.
A content material administration system is a system that permits customers so as to add, edit, replace and delete their web site content material rapidly and simply by using an administration part on their web site and a database (often MySQL, MSSQL or Entry.) Content material administration methods use server facet scripting languages akin to PHP, ASP or ASP.internet.
The database is used to retailer data that the person enters by way of the administration part, and information is retrieved from it every time a person accesses the content material managed web site.
A content material administration system is appropriate for all sorts and sizes of companies, and it may be used to drive all sorts of content material, together with textual content, paperwork, sound, video and far more.
ADVANTAGES OF A CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Content material could be modified on the web site as regularly as is required, with out having to make use of a web site designer or know HTML code.
- Modifications could be made instantly because of a a lot shorter change course of
- May be cheaper than a static web site within the longer time period
- Simpler to price range for ongoing prices than a static web site
DISADVANTAGES OF A CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Preliminary value is often increased than a static web site
- Could also be barely slower for customers on low bandwidths than a static web site
- Coaching could also be wanted relying on the complexity of a content material administration system
This text has aimed to explain the benefits and disadvantages of each a content material managed web site utilizing a content material administration system (CMS) and a static web site.
Each of all these web site supply varied advantages over one another, nevertheless it’s turning into more and more evident to Strawberrysoup, that SME’s need to have the ability to take care of their very own web site, with out having to ask a web site designer to make adjustments to their web site.
New applied sciences are being carried out on an nearly weekly foundation which is permitting internet designers and internet businesses to create and set up content material administration methods rapidly and due to this fact with much less of a value implication to their purchasers.
Strawberrysoup has their very own proprietary content material administration system known as StrawberrySite which is a modular primarily based content material administration system permitting SME’s to decide on which points of the system they want, akin to bulk electronic mail, e-commerce, information tales or job postings.
ARTICLE AUTHOR: Neil Dennis
Supply by Neil Dennis