The right way to Rebrand Your Enterprise Like A Boss
There are such a lot of completely different the explanation why a small enterprise proprietor could resolve to rebrand a web site: poor conversions and/or gross sales, complicated navigation or an outdated design, to call a number of.
Nonetheless, as I discussed in my earlier weblog The Proper Causes for Rebranding Your Enterprise Brand, it is important to have robust reasoning, logic and stats behind rebranding your enterprise.
For instance, are poor conversions attributable to an ineffective design or a glitchy purchasing cart?
Is your web site really outdated or are you simply bored of the color scheme?
This information will make it easier to first perceive whether or not or not it is advisable to reinvent your enterprise, and in the event you do, the best way to rebrand your web site in the best means attainable.
I will share a private instance for this text. We’re rebranding our web site for the time being. We determined this was a good suggestion as a result of:
• We’re now additionally concentrating on new entrepreneurs coming from the company world in addition to eager to attraction to established entrepreneurs who’re able to up-level their enterprise.
• It was time to replace how we current our providers on our dwelling web page. We did not really feel that we had been presenting our advantages clearly sufficient in some areas.
• A few of the options and performance of our current website had been breaking down. It was time to improve and use newer expertise to showcase our choices.
• We have had some confusion across the penguin brand. Some individuals see a lady’s hair or aren’t fairly clear on what it’s.
Our first step within the re-branding course of was to offer our brand an replace.
Within the coming weeks we’ll be revealing our new web site and I am unable to anticipate the large reveal! And earlier than you bounce into the redesign course of, first decide if that is one thing that is really wanted as defined subsequent.
Half 1: Is It Time to Reinvent Your Enterprise?
You will must take a superb, exhausting take a look at your on-line presence. It’s worthwhile to ask your self the next questions, but it surely additionally helps to have outdoors opinions from shoppers, focus teams and social media followers-you could not have probably the most goal opinion.
1. Am I concentrating on a brand new sort of viewers/consumer?
2. Is the location well-optimized for cell? Based on Statista, over 52% of net visitors now occurs on a cell gadget. In case your on-line retailer is gradual or seems horrible on a smartphone, you’ve got quite a bit to lose. One of the simplest ways to test if this stat is correct for you is to test your Google Analytics.
3. Have my services or products drastically modified?
4. Is my bounce price excessive? Google defines bounce price by what number of customers depart the web page they entered on, with out interacting with something. Based on a research by RocketFuel, common bounce charges are between 26% and 70% for many web sites.
Now, in case your bounce price is excessive on a Contact Us web page, the place a buyer merely desires your contact data and leaves, that is one factor. But when it is excessive on pages that you really want individuals to remain on and work together with, it is time to do a deep dive as to why potential clients aren’t sticking round.
5. Am I getting complaints in regards to the design or person expertise?
6. Does the design look outdated? The appear and feel of web site design can change rapidly and infrequently dramatically from one 12 months to the subsequent. Websites that had been designed 5 years in the past can nearly be assured they appear old-fashioned now.
If the identify “Tupperware” conjures up photos of avocado-coloured plastic and 80s neighbourhood events, you are not alone. Tupperware struggled to attraction to a contemporary viewers however have finished so by modernizing all the pieces from their brand to their Pinterest-style imagery.
Half 2: The Reinvention
For those who’ve determined to embark on the web site redesign course of, you are in for an thrilling and difficult trip! Listed below are 9 methods to perform your targets in probably the most user-friendly means attainable.
1. Full a aggressive evaluation.
This can be a essential step in lots of advertising and marketing and branding processes. You need to have finished one once you had been creating your organization.
This time take a look at how briskly your rivals’ web site load, or how person pleasant their navigation is. By exploring what you are up in opposition to, you are able to do issues higher once you’re rebranding your enterprise.
2. Revisit your values and model positioning.
Earlier than hiring an online designer, I extremely suggest revisiting your enterprise values and model positioning. Be clear on why you are in enterprise within the first place, your values and your mission.
Additionally give lots of consideration to the impression you need your web site guests to obtain the second they land in your website. How would you like your enterprise to be perceived as? What model character do you need to painting? What values do you need to be identified for?
By having a transparent understanding of a majority of these branding questions, you’ll now have a transparent model information on your net designer to observe.
This is a number of assets that may make it easier to on this course of:
– Begin with Why: How Nice Leaders Encourage Everybody to Take Motion by Simon Sinek
– Discover Your Why: A Sensible Information for Discovering Function for You and Your Group additionally by Simon Sinek
– Constructing a StoryBrand: Make clear Your Message So Clients Will Hear by Donald Miller
– Work with me as your enterprise and advertising and marketing mentor.
3. Outline your targets.
Rebranding your enterprise on-line is not nearly the feel and appear. You need to enhance upon your buyer expertise.
For instance you need to acquire extra electronic mail addresses. You will must resolve the place to put your eNewsletter signup field or giveaway provide to compel guests to offer you their data.
In case your objective is to transform a brand new sort of consumer, you may want to consider the calls-to-action that may resonate greatest with them.
No matter your targets are, they need to be targeted in your clients’ wants, not your personal!
4. If it ain’t broke, do not repair it.
We are able to get so caught up in refreshing and revamping that we go too far. For those who’ve acquired widespread consideration and/or accolades for your enterprise brand, why would you alter it?
If a sure article in your weblog will get lots of natural visitors, do not take it down simply since you are bored with it or need to concentrate on a brand new viewers. It is simply as necessary to know what to not change.
At all times have your target market in thoughts. What are they discovering helpful and informative that helps them decide on whether or not to do enterprise with you? It isn’t about you and your private preferences. It is about them and what they want from you.
5. Create a design and content material plan.
Relying in your target market, model positioning and targets, you could possibly repurpose current advertising and marketing collateral, or you could want to start out from scratch.
Go over your entire design and duplicate components earlier than the web site redesign course of so you’ve got an correct stock of what it is advisable to create.
6. Construct a wireframe and mock-up.
A wireframe is a format that reveals what components shall be on an online web page. You do not simply begin creating menus, slapping on photos and placing in hyperlinks on a dwell web page. It’s worthwhile to plan and visualize earlier than you rebrand your web site, so customers have one of the best expertise attainable.
A mock-up can also be a visible illustration that features design and duplicate components, though copy may be demonstrated with a placeholder, as we have finished right here. We’re nonetheless engaged on the messaging on this part, however we needed to plan out the place it will go.
7. Incorporate voice search into your search engine optimisation plan.
It isn’t sufficient to focus solely on copy anymore. Individuals need prompt options after they’re trying to find one thing on-line.
As you reinvent your enterprise, you need to be pondering of how to optimize your web site for voice search along with what individuals are typing into the search field.
Many customers already use it to search out what they’re in search of and based on ComScore, 50% of searches shall be carried out this fashion by 2020.
Study extra about voice search right here.
8. Make cell a prime precedence.
A giant a part of the web site redesign course of is making certain your web site seems nice on any gadget, from desktops to smartphones. Pictures and font sizes could look excellent in your pc however break or look crowded on a cellphone display.
At all times optimize and take a look at for cell units when you rebrand your web site.
9. Rent an expert firm to assist.
Except you are a advertising and marketing guru, rebranding your enterprise is not a DIY venture. There are too many necessary branding, programming and implementation components at stake.
You need to think about hiring a full-service skilled net design and growth firm.
The web site redesign course of is an iterative one. You are not going to nail it with one model.
By planning forward and hiring the best individuals to get the job finished, you may find yourself with a lovely and useful on-line presence you may be proud to share with the world.[ad_2]
Supply by Susan Friesen