Wholesome Meal of the Week: Beef Enchiladas w/ beans & Spanish rice
Wholesome Leftover Thought: Beef Quesadillas
Here is a meal and leftover thought each sporting a Mexican taste that is positive to carry your style buds alive. For this instance 97% lean floor beef was used however the fantastic thing about this meal is you’ll be able to actually use any sort of meat you wish to change the meat enchiladas into both rooster enchiladas, steak enchiladas, pork enchiladas, and even fish enchiladas should you so select. To be trustworthy I’ve by no means tried a fish enchilada, and even heard of 1 earlier than, however hey if that is what you’d wish to attempt go for it!
One other advantage of this meal is you’ll find that it is comparatively simple to load up that baking sheet tray with numerous enchiladas in order that leftover meals are a breeze and you continue to have the choice to create the meat quesadillas as listed. The selection is solely as much as you. Take pleasure in!
– Three pots/pans with lids
– oven baking sheet
– 10 minutes
– 50 minutes
– 1-2 kilos 97% fat-free floor beef
– 1 pack corn tortillas (70 energy every)
– 2 cans refried beans
– 1 cup white rice
– 1 can tomato sauce
– 1 can of both purple or inexperienced enchilada sauce
– 1/Four cup yellow corn kernels
– 1/Four cup diced white onion
– 1/Four cup skim or low-fat milk
– shredded low-fat mozzarella and cheddar cheese
– 1 rooster bouillon dice
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– elective: sliced olives and diced inexperienced chiles
– 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
– 1 tbsp cooking oil
For Beef Quesadillas
– entire wheat flour tortillas
– tapatio scorching sauce (or most popular sort of salsa)
1. Begin with the bottom beef. Take away from wrapper and place on a skillet and cube up with a spatula. Add 1/Four cup diced white onion, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tsp seasoned salt, and a touch of pepper. Combine effectively, flip range on medium temperature and canopy. Re-stir each 5 minutes for roughly 20 minutes.
2. When meat is completed to your liking, heat enchilada sauce in a pan for about 5 minutes. Get tortillas, each cheeses, and different extras akin to sliced olives or diced inexperienced chiles prepared so when sauce is heat, the meeting line can start.
3. In order that the tortillas do not crack when being stuffed/rolled, flippantly heat 4-6 at a time within the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 25 seconds. After, dip one after the other into the sauce on each side after which place instantly on the oven baking sheet. It’s possible you’ll want to make use of tongs if the sauce is simply too scorching.
4. Add some meat, a teaspoon of every cheese, a teaspoon of sauce, and any extras you might be utilizing and gently roll up. One methodology is to aim to pile all objects collectively in a line on the left aspect of the tortilla to be able to roll fully over and tuck in effectively.
5. Line up the ready enchiladas side-by-side so they’re barely touching one another to carry good kind. Use a basting brush to coat tops of the enchiladas with leftover sauce and flippantly sprinkle with each cheeses. Place in oven at 350 levels for 12 minutes.
6. For the Spanish rice, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and unfold round. On medium warmth add one cup of white rice and stir for about three minutes to “brown”. Add Eight ouncescan of tomato sauce and blend effectively for 2 minutes. Add 1 3/Four scorching water, 1/Four cup yellow corn kernels, and 1 dice rooster bouillon. Enhance warmth and produce to a boil stirring effectively so bouillon dice dissolves. When water begins to boil, cut back warmth to medium/low, cowl and set timer for 18 minutes stirring solely as soon as midway by way of.
7. Refried beans simply must be opened and added to a pan on medium warmth together with 1/Four cup of milk and 5-7 squirts of Tapatio scorching sauce should you desire spicy beans. Cowl and stir often for 10-15 minutes.
8. When all the things is completed, serve an applicable portion dimension together with a zero calorie beverage and revel in. Concerning energy, needless to say every enchilada can be round 150-220 energy every relying on the amount/sort of things you positioned inside so do not get carried away. One enchilada with rice and beans can be at about 350 energy.
Wholesome Leftover Thought: Beef Quesadillas
If there’s any meat leftover and also you wish to change it up a bit but preserve the flavour of a Mexican-style creation, it’s best to give these beef quesadillas a attempt. You should utilize the corn tortillas, or as on this instance, entire wheat flour tortillas to offer a bigger floor to place a bit extra objects inside.
Merely flippantly oil a big skillet (or use non-stick spray) and place one tortilla and activate range to medium warmth. Unfold two tablespoons of beans, then add some cheese, then meat, scorching sauce like Tapatio, and once more some extra cheese. Cowl with one other tortilla and use a spatula to flippantly press the quesadilla down. Enable to prepare dinner on either side for a few minutes utilizing your off-hand to assist hold quesadilla collectively so objects do not fall out. As soon as either side is flippantly browned and the cheese is melted you’ll be able to take away from warmth, slice in half or quarters and revel in.[ad_2]
Supply by Gregory L Gomez